How do I get only 1 Folder to show up when I select Videos or Photos or Music

Hi,

This is my first post. I must apologise if this aready has been covered in the forum.

I have recently purchased the WDTV Live and I am just setting it up the way I think I want it to work…

I have a ReadyNAS which has a number of shared Folders… Data - Backup - Photos - VideoLibrary - Music all in the root of the C: drive.

When I hit the Videos menu option on the WDTV it shows all the shared folders on the NAS so I then have to navigate to the folder I want… 

My question is:

How do I make the WDTV only see my VideoLibrary folder when selecting the ‘Videos’ tab? My Photos folder when selecting the ‘Photos’, etc Infact really what I want is that when I select the ‘Videos’ tab it goes straight into my VideoLibrary folder…

Many thanks in advance.

Stu

Use the media library as described in the manual.

I assume from your comment that it is possible…

I thought I had read the Manual… For the life of me I couldn’t see it in there. Will have another read.

Cheers

I read through the manual but still couldn’t find where it says about making the relevant Menu see just the one folder…

Having said that I have been playing around… and now I get directly to my Music folder when I hit the Music tab but when I hit the Videos tab I get my music and VideoLibrary folders appear…

Just cleared out the Media Library, deleted all the shares and rebooted the box… Will see if that fixes it.

How does the WDTV box know what Network shared folders are linked to what Menu tab?

Stu 

Add the specific folder to your the media library:

Setup > System > Media Library > Media Library Manager for Network Share > Add network share to media library

Allow the SMP to compile the Media Library.  Then go back to the main menu, select Videos, press the red button on your remote and select My Media Library

I found the reason why I was getting my Music folder appear with my Videos folder…

In my Music folder I opened one of the files that WDTV creates in the wd.tv folder… It’s not very readable but I was able to see that it had a couple of .avi files listed… Buried in one of my Album folders was 2 .avi files… not sure why they were there but once I deleted them and deleted the wd.tv folder so that it was recreated…

That cured my problem.

Must have missed the bit in the manual that says that WDTV will list any of the shared folders that have playable files for the category that you have selected such as ‘Videos’

Stuee wrote:

Must have missed the bit in the manual that says that WDTV will list any of the shared folders that have playable files for the category that you have selected such as ‘Videos’

Heheh, funny.  I doubt it’s that explicit because, well, of course it MUST do that.  Otherwise how would you ever play your media.  :laughing: