How do I delete services?

Howdy.  How do I delete services (and for that matter, is there any way to add more services) from the services menu?  Right now, there are 17 services and 15 places in the “Services tab.”  I’d like to delete “Blockbuster” for sure - aren’t they already out of business? - so that YouTube (which I do want) shows up on the first page. 

The only way, I know to do this, is to use the “Dashboard”, and delete the ones you don’t want to see. Once a service is highlighted in the Dashboard, you can hit the “options” key, and remove it. This requires having “media library” turned on, which has its own problems!

You can HIDE them using the Parental Controls.

Go into the Setup / System / Device Security 

– Set a password. 

Then, in that same menu, go to PARENTAL CONTROLS  and HIDE the services you don’t want to see.

You’ll likely never be asked for the password again unless you want to change the parental settings… so don’t forget it!

Stick it on a post-it note or tape it to the box.  :)

You cannot ADD additional services.

mazeeff wrote:

The only way, I know to do this, is to use the “Dashboard”, and delete the ones you don’t want to see. Once a service is highlighted in the Dashboard, you can hit the “options” key, and remove it. This requires having “media library” turned on, which has its own problems!

I can’t access the dashboard (it says something about needing a media enabled content … a win7-running pc apparently doesn’t qualify :neutral_face:)

BrianBoyko wrote:

…I’d like to delete “Blockbuster” for sure - aren’t they already out of business?

Just FYI. No blockbuster is not out of business (although many of the stores have closed). Blockbuster has been bought by Dish Network and is still in business. They have mail order rental similar to Netflix, and they also have video on demand streaming (which your WD box supports).

PegasusPJ wrote:

mazeeff wrote:

I can’t access the dashboard (it says something about needing a media enabled content … a win7-running pc apparently doesn’t qualify :neutral_face:)

What ‘dashboard’ are you trying to access?

The Dashboard will only showup if you have a local USB drive attached.

Is the “dashboard” customizable?  That is, how can I move Netflix to the upper left corner?  Thanks.

Hi,

You can add services to favorites in the dashboard by pressing OPTIONS while on the service in the SERVICES menu and selecting favorite.

You can then re-order the items in the DASHBOARD by pressing OPTIONS and selecting Re-Order.

Hope this helps

Ayhan.

How does one turn on “media library”?

DonRRas wrote:

How does one turn on “media library”?

SETUP / SYSTEM / MEDIA LIBRARY … ON.

I was unsuccessful in my attempt to rearrange services on the dashboard.  Is it because I have not installed “Media Library”?  If so, how do I do that?

The reason I’m asking is that to get to Netflix, I often have to complete the tedious “user name” and “password” prompts. Sometimes I don’t have to, other times I do.  I can’t figure it out. The sequence maybe?

There’s no “Installation” for Media Library.  

And the fact that it occassionally asks you to re-log-in to NetFlix is a bug.

Vote for this issue:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Random-loss-of-NetFlix-credentials/idi-p/275398