How do i connect my WD live HUB to PC to make moviesheets with ThumbGen

i used WD Diescovery to make each hard drive (internal hard drive and mty external one) into “mounted drives”

and in thunbge it gets detected and i have 1338 movies and “processing” each foldier and subsequent movie takes forver.

is it supposed to be this horribly slow cause im doing so many movies?

its freezing up and stuffand it takes ages each movie to process and i got over 1300 to process.

is there an easier way to connect my live hub to my pc and makes things much quicker?

Why not connect at least the external drives to your PC (I assume they are USB). That much of the job would be a lot faster.

If you’re using a linksheet theme - just tell TG (thumbgen) to output them to the drive in your computer then send them to the Hub once you have them renamed. I just made a folder on my C: drive, off the root, called “Sheets”. TG sends them there then I rename them and move them to the proper place on the Hub.

what can I do for the internal hard drive on the WD

you said to have thumbgen export them to my hard drive. That wasn’t really the problem the problem was processing each one.

it took a long time to get into the movie sheet screen where u change the cover image and stuff saving it takes 2 seconds.

plus how would i change thunbgen to save them somewhere else?

EDIT: for movies they say to put all movies in 1 folder do i put all the movies in ROOT of drive or make a folder in the ROOT of the drive and put all movies in it

You still haven’t stated if you ARE using a linksheet theme and what theme it is if you are. So…how about some info about your theme?

Also might want read this: POST number 29 on this page might help you IF you are using linksheets.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Theme-GoodBye-Black-Mamba-LinkSheet-Updated-Dec-14th/td-p/510386/page/3

You should also structure you folders like:

WDTVLIVEHUB <Root

Movies <folder In root of WDTVLIVEHUB

Action <Folder

Batman Begins.mkv <a movie

Green Lantern.mkv <a movie

Comedy

Three Amigos.mkv <a movie

Get my drift? DO NOT just dump the movie files into the Hub’s drive under one folder called Movies. Put the movies in  genre folders under a folder called Movies.

TV series are different

TV Series <A Folder in root of WDTVLIVEHUB

Comedy <A Folder

Big Bang Theory

Season 1 (BBT) <A Folder and note the parens! As this keeps you from having a bunch of “Season 1” folders

Big Bang Theory S01.E01.mkv <the video WD FW right now requires you have the dot between S01E01 i’m betting
                                                             this will be fixed in a future FW release :slight_smile:

Season 2 (BBT)

Big Bang Theory S02.E01.mkv <The Video

Hope this helps…

Tell your Kids to stop playing Online Multiplayer Games / Watching Youtube and stealing your Bandwidth while using Thumbgen connected to the Hub via Network.

It’s also probably a Good Idea to turn OFF the Hub’s Media Library … because every sheet you generate that gets saved to the Hub will trigger the Compiling Process.

Quote from flhthemi

Get my drift? DO NOT just dump the movie files into the Hub’s drive under one folder called Movies. Put the movies in genre folders under a folder called Movies.

I “DUMP” my Movies in a “Movie” Folder … i dont use “Genre Folders” (Just more ‘Clicking around and Button Presses’ that i could’nt be bothered doing)

im not and im using wired connection with good internet speed (download cap at 2.7MB/s downloading any file)

yah i got my TV shows working fine now and get it and now the movies thanks.

itd be much eaiser though if you could mount the drive as a a pc drive like u can with windows XP it’d make moving new shows over much easier and making moviesheets  much faster but thats not an issue at least thankfully my TV shows are on the internal drive and nowhere near as much as my movies.

thanks for the help just gotta figure out what moviesheet i wanna make for the root movie folder lol

@LordSpawn

im not and im susig wired connection wiht pretty bleep good internet speed (download cap at 2.7MB/s downlading any file)
yah i got my TV shows working fine now and get it and now the movies thanks.
itd be much eaiser though if you could mount the drive as a a pc drive like u can with windows XP itd make moving new shows over much eaasier and making moviehseets juch faster but thats not an issue at lerast thankfully my TV shows are on the inrternal drive nad nowhere near as much as my movies.
thanks for the help just gotta figure out what moviesheet i wanna make for the root movie folder lol

No Offense intended (i’m not perfect, and make the odd spelling error … here and there)

but, have you considered clicking the

button before submitting a post ?

lol yah my bad was first post made after i got up was early/lazy fixed problems

also is there any settings in thunbgen or on PC u can change to make the moviesheet making for internal storage  faster?

i dot know y but its going pretty slow atm.