How do I access the root filesystem with GUI? (Linux)

Good evening,

I’m trying to access the root filesystem of the Mycloud Mirror with a gui, not just the shares that I have files stored on. I have it attached to my router, and have enabled SSH, FTP, and SMB…I’m not skilled enough with CLI to do so without being told what to look for.

I can connect via terminal with ssh -oHostKeyAlgorithms=+ssh-dss sshd@x.x.x.x
This allows me to look anywhere I want and do anything I want with no issue, but I’m too used to a GUI and can’t figure out how to do what I am looking to do with just this.

I’m able to connect to the shares with a gui via FTP through Nautilus, but again that only shows me my shared folders available to the user I logged in as. The same is with SMB - I get only the shared folders. I want the root filesystem so I can do as I please.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

So, I figured it out after several hours of searching, and bouncing some ideas off of the people in #fedora

The answer lies here:

Particularly this line:

WD MyCloudMirror uses an outdated, unsecure SSH key type - called DSA. DSA creates DSS keys.

In Fedora 24, the commands to run on your client machine are:

or

You can then access your MyCloud with a GUI over SSH using this legacy key type by appending “~/.ssh/config” or “/etc/ssh/ssh_config” with:

or

WD isn’t kidding when they say you do this at your own risk.

Remember kiddies! THIS IS ONLY A TEMPORARY SOLUTION as OpenSSH will be fully distancing themselves from DSA algorithms in the very near future.

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing this information with the community, hopefully this will help other users that would want to do this.