How connect My Passport ssd to iPhone 11 iOS13?

Hi, I cannot connect WD My Passport SSD to my iPhone 11 pro iOS13, even though I use an Apple dongle USB Camera + lightning connector for external power. I looked for software updates for the SSD but did not find any. The My Passport SSD does connect to iPad pro iOS13 though, it is very frustrating not to be able to use it with other iOS13 devices. Any suggestion to enable that connection? Thank you.

This is an update. The device does connect to my iPhone 8. A couple of times it connected to iPhone 11 pro, but not everytime. I tried with different power sources; powerbank, iPhone charger, iPad Air charger, iPad pro charger. The connection powered up with the iPad pro charger, but reconnecting does not work. Does anyone have a clue why same trials give different results?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Goufion, did you ever find a solution? I’m facing a similar issue with my iPhone X and my WD My Passport SSD. I was considering purchasing Apple’s Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter dongle but I came across your post noting that it might not be a reliable option anyway? Thanks for any insights.