How can you put a password on your drive so that you can only see it?

stock wrote:

How can you put a password on your drive so that you can only see it?

Are you asking if you can password protect the entire drive? Or are you asking if you can password protect certain folders (aka Shares) on the drive?

If you want to password protect certain folders/Shares one can do so by turning the Public Access to Off on the Share within the Dashboard then give each user the appropriate level of access permission to the Share. See this WD Support document for more information: How to create a Public or Private Share on a WD My Cloud, Mirror, EX2, or EX4 drive

If you haven’t already done so it would be advisable to read through the WD My Cloud User Manual which details how to set the a pubic folder to private and set the various user level permissions on that folder.

From the Dashboard, generally, one cannot password protect the entire WD My Cloud drive with just one setting. One typically has to go Share folder by Share share and set Public Access on each Share folder to Off. Then set the permissions level for each user to access the Share. That will leave you with only the Public Share which has the Public Access option grayed out and non selectable. Through a bug in the Dashboard it is possible to change the Pubic Share to a private Share folder by attempting to change the name of the Public Share, after receiving a waring message the Public Access option becomes selectable and can be set to Off, at which point one can set the user level access to the Public (now private) Share.