[SOLVED] How can I get Wake on Lan to work on My Cloud EX2 Ultra

I have a My Cloud EX2 and a My Cloud EX2 Ultra with firmware version 2.31.204.
In both teams I have configured the Energy saver so that they turn off at night and turn on the next day in the afternoon.

Sometimes I need to access them in the morning, so I turn on by wake on lan.

Now comes the problem: this only works with the old My Cloud EX2, with the new My Cloud EX2 Ultra it doesn’t work.

I have observed that if the My Cloud EX2 Ultra is “off” for a short time, wake on lan does work, but if it is off for more time, such as several hours, it does not work. To start the equipment you have to unplug it and plug it in again. The link of the network card is always active, it is green.

It is as if after a while the network card hibernates and does not listen to packets the wake-on-lan .

Attached the shutdown schedule, it is the same for the 2 teams and for every day.

In the old My Cloud EX2 wake-on-lan works perfectly.

I am doing something wrong ?
Will the new My Cloud EX2 Ultra be broken?

Screenshot 2019-05-09 11.38.36

Thank you!!

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: My Cloud: Wake On LAN Support

No!
I use linux.

After several days without working, from good to first it has started to work correctly.

For help, I have disabled file caching services and their posting to the Internet.

How did you fix this exactly? I’m having the same problem on my NAS…

Hi!
After many tests I realized that the NAS executes internal processes at certain times, I think randomly, and since a certain process of those that are executed does not end correctly, that is, the NAS shuts down when that process is running , the WOL not working properly.

When this happens to me, I leave the NAS running uninterrupted for about 48 hours and I apply the shutdown policies again and the WOL works correctly again.

It happens to me very rarely, maybe once every 3 months.