How can I backup my My Cloud to my My Book?

I let it work for about 15 hours with no access to the My Cloud and finally unplugged the My Book from it (no change) and did another hard reboot of the My Cloud. After that I had access to the My Cloud again so I went back to the Backups page and clicked Job Detail to see if the change had been accepted or not. It appeared to have been but it said “Backup completed on Wednesday, 31 December, 1969 7:00:00 PM”

I knew that was wrong so I closed that and opened Modify Job. Everything looked OK so clicked Save just to see if it would lock up again. It said Updating for a couple of seconds, then went back to the USB Backups page. A bar with a sort of barber pole graphic had been added, which shortly turned into a progress bar with the name of one of the shares above it so it must have started another backup.

There is still no way to set when the backup occurs. I think I must have the same problem in that respect as cyberjabs. I can’t see anything in the manual about what Auto Start When Connected is; Am I correct in assuming that if I was to unplug the My Book after the backup finished it would initiate a backup when I plug the My Book in again?