How can I adjust sound volume on a WDTV media player?

I just bought the WDTV live media player to play movie videos ( format :  .flv)  on my CRT TV set .

How can I adjust the sound volume ? There is no button on the WDTV remote control for sound volume . Adjusting the

volume control on the TV set has no effect at all ! 

Please help .

Thanks

put the sound output into a stereo amp and speakers

tommy35 wrote:

I just bought the WDTV live media player to play movie videos ( format :  .flv)  on my CRT TV set .

volume control on the TV set has no effect at all ! 

If adjusting your TV’s volume has no affect, then where is the sound coming from?   Can’t be from the TV…  (Or the TV’s controls are messed up…)

fender62 &  TonyPh12345:

I apologized for   not express myself clearly …  I forgot to mention that the audio  output  was connect to an earphone .  It works O.K. when connected to the CRT TV  . 

If connected to an earphone, I would expect the sound volume control must come from the WDTV media player .  Currently, I just hear the sound through the earphone  at a  fixed level  . I used the remote control trying to configure the sound volume but could not locate any appropriate options provided therein  .

I tried the DRC ( Dynamic Range Control ) option but nothing changed .   Please help.  Thanks

The WD has no amplification built into it at all headphones will not work. It’s known as a line out output

Maybe a volume control adaptor for your earphones will work ?

JoeySmyth:

You are absolutely correct !   I  used a headphone with a volume control ( in-line,   similar to your photo )  instead of an earphone , and it really worked . !!   Thank you so much for your great tip ! 

It’s interesting to note that a DVD player does have volume control buttons on its remote control  but not our  WDTV Live media player !!    :cry:

My gratitude to TonyPh12345, tm224 and fender62 for your quick  responses and constructive suggestions .

Best regards,