How can I access WD MyCloud Single Bay OS3 via WebDAV?

WD removed the webDAV/remote mapping option through the WD2Go.com website many years ago when they transitioned the My Cloud firmware to OS3.

There used to be a way, unofficially, to modify the single bay My Cloud firmware so one could use webDAV, but that may have only been for the first gen (v4.x firmware) single bay My Cloud units and it hasn’t been updated (AFAIK) in several years.

Other than using the insecure FTP method for remote access there is no other official method of remote access for the single bay/single drive My Cloud devices beyond the MyCloud.com web portal and WD mobile apps for Android/iOS. WD killed off the My Cloud Desktop application over a year ago.

One may want to go the VPN route by setting up a VPN server on their local network. Yes it requires additional knowledge and time to learn and setup for novices but offers a more secure method of remote access and remote mapping of a single bay My Cloud. Some consumer routers include VPN server capability, if using a consumer router like Asus or similar, check the documentation to see if it includes a VPN server (typically OpenVPN or similar free VPN server). There are also various discussions elsewhere in this My Cloud subforums about attempts to use SFTP but those discussions typically involve using SSH to make firmware modifications to enable SFTP support.

1 Like