How best to arrange 2Tb HDD files for quick access?

any ideas - Im using dir titles of Drama Action SiFi Travel etc for my DVD files = works just Ok but …I would also like to be able to view lists in abc order & print out for hardcopy?

any ideas how to speed up search ie new faster PC or is this function jsut WD TV Hub dependant?

Check this thread

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/File-sorting/m-p/357585#M17889

Though I cannot think of a way to seatch on the HUB itself in that order (A,B,C etc) if you movies in genre directories, I do have a method I use for printing out a list of the hundreds of movies I have in whatever order I like. I use a freeware application called “printfolder” to get a list of files/folders etc. I then move that into excel and can sort in any way I want. Kind of kludgy but at least I was able to make a booklet of all my movies that I can have friends look through when we decide to watch a movie, that is convenient for them. I sort by genre and alphabeticaly and print out a copy of each for guests to browse when giving them the option to decide what we are watching.

Good luck

-P

mojo3 wrote:

any ideas - Im using dir titles of Drama Action SiFi Travel etc for my DVD files = works just Ok but …I would also like to be able to view lists in abc order & print out for hardcopy?

any ideas how to speed up search ie new faster PC or is this function jsut WD TV Hub dependant?