Hot Swap drives

Can anyone help?

I would like to purchase a case with hot swap drives.  My question is that I have a RAID 0 with two WD2500SY drives on a  32 bite motherboard and on Windows XP.  If I buy the case, is there a special interface that I need besides the back plane and sata cable to the motherboard and are there drivers that I need to install?  I think Windows Vista will support hot swap drives but don’t know about XP.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

Hi Ed,

I’m assuming you mean WD2500YS drives, which are RAID compatible.

I suspect the reason no one has replied, is that you did not specify anything about the case.

Also, given that you know what model case, have you asked the manufacturer about this?

Cheers,

David

fasteddie wrote:

Can anyone help?

I would like to purchase a case with hot swap drives.  My question is that I have a RAID 0 with two WD2500SY drives on a  32 bite motherboard and on Windows XP.  If I buy the case, is there a special interface that I need besides the back plane and sata cable to the motherboard and are there drivers that I need to install?  I think Windows Vista will support hot swap drives but don’t know about XP.

This IS a question you need to ask the company, you’re buying the case from.  We wouldn’t have any idea what it will need.  If you’re using our YS drives, which are raid compatible, then they should work - depending on other os or hardware requirements.