HORRID Warranty Support! Anyone else?

First of all - STOP blaming your screwups on the Pandemic. Yes, it’s a convenient excuse, but it’s beyond old. And besides, they couldn’t use that excuse when they screwed up last time.

So, as usual, because I decided to give WD another shot, despite taking good care of my WD, it failed in less than a year (Try 5 months). And not only do the warranty department punish you for daring to return the device, they have gone above and beyond to show just how inferior they are.

I returned this horrible device on June 25th. I tracked the ■■■■ thing all the way to the front desk at WD HQ in CA. Tell me why it took them until the 30th to say ‘We received your device’. Lazy, much? Please note that I expedited this by purchasing a label. Terrible idea.

So I’ve been in constant communication with WD Support via chat. They assure me that they keep expediting the order. Incorrect, Jason K. Incorrect, Jonathan A. FINALLY, I was told that they didn’t even have the ■■■■ device in the warehouse, and they didn’t even tell me.

So they told me they would be sending me either another brand with the same TB count, or an Element drive with a higher TB count. And in all honesty, that’s the least they can do.

Going with WD has always been a terrible idea, and I truly truly hope that no one dares to return a device to the Warranty department at this time. Or at any time.

" Reviewed in the United States on March 3, 2019

[Capacity: 6TBPattern Name: Hard Drive]
So terrible. The HDD came to me dead, or should I say dying. I was not able to use this before the chirping noises started. I was then told that I was unable to install Windows onto it.

That is forgivable. Technology cannot be blamed. What can be blamed is horrible WD.

Dealing with warranty support was a nightmare to the point where I actually felt like I was being punished for returning this device? I should have went with Seagate.

2 people found this helpful"

" [ 5.0 out of 5 stars ]

Reviewed in the United States on March 11, 2019

Talk about a godsend!
After the disaster that is WD sent me a dead HDD, I was pretty desperate for something - anything - that would work on my computer, and, if possible, not sound like a cat dying. This particular drive answered both of those desires.

The noise level is very much negligible, the storage is as advertised (though some users may need to convert this HDD from MBR to GPT in order to access more than 2TB of this when setting this up in Windows 10) but what I like the most that is something that I was not ever expecting??

This drive is FASTER than my new WD My Passport SSD drive! What??? I know! Games install in 4 hours versus the 8 hours that the SSD required!

I am VERY happy with this purchase, and would love to do business with Seagate in the future!

6 people found this helpful"

As can be said, WD has always been worthless to me.

Also, WD 1TB My Passport Go Cobalt SSD Portable External Storage - WDBY9Y0010BBT-WESN is one of the shittiest things I’ve ever purchased. It’s not an SSD :stuck_out_tongue: