High CPU and Ram usage

I uninstalled Plex and iTunes servers and rebooted and memory usage is still over 90%! It’s also not indexing anymore after many days of continuous indexing. OS 3 never went above 25% memory usage with Plex running 4 streams! Drives also running hotter than before, 45C before now 52C. OS 5 has some nice features but serious bugs that need to be fixed please.

image|690x481

@lightvalve Have you ssh’ed in and checked the processes via top (hit m to sort by memory) to see what is gobbling up yours?

This is mine, as it’s hovering in the high 20%s

I don’t know how to us SSH, “restsdk-server” was using the most CPU and RAM. I disabled Cloud Access and CPU is now back to 2% or less most of the time. RAM use remains higher than before firmware update, around 50% with with no network traffic. “mysqld” is highest RAM user after disabling cloud access. I don’t need cloud access so I’m going to leave it off for now. Indexing was taking forever, 5 days and counting on 4TB of data with no indication of progress. I’ll wait for next update before enabling cloud access since I don’t generally use it. BTW, I now basic DOS and Linux cmd line usage but not familiar with SSH or how to access remote network device via Windows 10.

@lightvalve I wrote up a quick How-To: Runaway ffmpeg process usage after MyCloud5 upgrade - #16 by arm3n

Thanks!

I rebooted my device about 6 times last night because each time I did the cpu usage would remain low for a few minutes then kick back up with smbd. After the last reboot it has remained at 0%. I am still hovering around 20% ram usage but for the past 12 hours or so, cpu has remained under 5%.

Going to try and dig into the ram processes now and see what can be done.