.Hiding ,tmp files Apple (+ Slow File Access)

My Apple does some interesting things when I am saving files to my EX2 Ultra from Office.
It creates a temporary folder and then deletes it again. (Most of the time)
It looks like it is a .tmp file for Office which suggests normal operation but the inability to hide files and therefore hide this operation makes me wonder if something is askew.

I have also noticed the device is extremely slow to save a file.

Is this normal operation ?
Is it due to a feature I have enabled or not enabled on the EX2 ?
Is there a recommended way to setup an EX2 Ultra as a fileserver for a MAC only environment ?

Thanks !
M.

Hello,

Office creates temporary folders by default so this is normal. The My Cloud itself is a file server, you can use the default viewer on your Mac which is “Finder” to save the files onto your My Cloud EX2.

Thanks Hamlet, that is a good point.
Following the instructions using Terminal to hide files doesn’t seem to have the effect I would expect.

I had a Mybook previously and didn’t encounter this problem.
I wonder if I never noticed it or if it is a setting on the NAS or a change in the FileServer configuration on the NAS that is now causing the temporary files to be displayed.

This combined with the much slower operation of the EX2 Ultra over the Mybook gives me pause.

Thanks again.
M.

I had a Mybook previously and didn’t encounter this problem.
I wonder if I never noticed it or if it is a setting on the NAS or a change in the FileServer configuration on the NAS that is now causing the temporary files to be displayed.

This combined with the much slower operation of the EX2 Ultra over the Mybook gives me pause.