Hide media servers from options?

OK, I have several WD Live units on a wired network in my home. They all pull from a ReadyNAS Duo 2tb setup and for the most part works flawless. But, the Readynas shows up as networkshare which is fine, but I would rather just hide the media servr option all together. Further, would prefer to hid everything on the network from the WD inclluding the other WDs which serve no purpose to view from another and only have the ReadyNas viisible. Possible?

Further , can I hide certain folders completely from the WD or is that more a ReadyNas only issue?

thanks

Well… Hiding the media servers is not practical when you have more than 1, so I don’t think the media player would allow itself to be locked to a single (Set) media server…

Thanks for the response, however, it makes little sense to me.

My Readynas on on the networkshare opton, there is nothing I want on the mediaserver option

650hpAMG wrote:

Thanks for the response, however, it makes little sense to me.

My Readynas on on the networkshare opton, there is nothing I want on the mediaserver option

Then turn media sharing off on the ReadyNAS. Or, more simply don’t select the Media servers option on the WDTV Live.

If you don’t want to share files on other WDTV units then turn sharing off on them.

I turned off individual folders from showing up on the network so that much is resolved, however I still pull media from the Readynas. That is not the issue. The issue is on the wdlive unit is shows evrerything on the network. I dont want to turn those off completely, just from the WDlive units

thanks

650hpAMG wrote:

I turned off individual folders from showing up on the network so that much is resolved, however I still pull media from the Readynas. That is not the issue. The issue is on the wdlive unit is shows evrerything on the network. I dont want to turn those off completely, just from the WDlive units

thanks

Well as far as I know you can’t do waht you want.

It is not a WDTV restriction it is just the way Windows/CIFS/Samba file sharing works. In a Windows/CIFS/Samba network Servers announce to all other devices on the network what resources (e.g. folders/directories) they are sharing. Client devices (in this case the WDTV) present these as an option. That is the way it is supposed to work.