HGST 8TB HDD on Mac vs Win (HUH728080AL4200 VJG7X4RX)

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right forum but I have a strange behaviour with HGST 8TB drive on Mac and PC with Highpoint RocketRAID SAS card.

When attempting to create an array on this card with HGST drive, using the cards BIOS, it says ‘no compatible drives found’.

But when booted into windows it is possible to create array with mentioned disk in cards web gui and use under Win.

The created array does show up in card’s BIOS after this but when you select device info for troubled HDD, it again shows that it is not compatible.

On the Mac however, the disk shows up as 1Tb disabled one.

Even if I JBOD it with another drive, it works in Win but shows as disabled on Mac El Capitan with 8256GB JBOD array consisting from 1TB hdd and 256Gb SSD.

I contacted Highpoint support and they asked me for HDD details.

I wonder if there was an issue with the disk which could be addressed by a new HDD firmware or something. Any WD official to comment on this?

Obviously they on the Highpoint side also will be trying to do something. Edit: They (the notorious HighPoint) stubbornly refuse to accept any responsibility although they have fixed certain HDD compatibility issues with their FW upgrade before.

The array on web gui screenshot is a 512GB Raid0 array consisting of smaller disk 256GB SSD and 256GB used and 7.7TB free on bigger HGST one (0 free on Mac).

The text on the disk reads

HGST
WWW HGST COM
OF23678AR89200P6C
EMC PN 118000117 REV -01
DEC-2016
S/N: VJG7X4RX
P/N: W23678 CAPACITY: 8TB MLC: AR8920
MADE IN THAILAND
RATED:5V 800mA 12V 660mA DC
HUH728080AL4200 SAS 12.0 Gb/s
Type US7SSJ800 RPM 7200RPN
WARRANTY VOID IF ANY LABEL/ SCREW IS REMOVED OR BROKEN
HGST Japan, Ltd. E182115 T HGST EUR . LTD . / MARIE CURIEWEG 20
ROERMOND LIMBURG 6045 GH NETHERLANDS

MSIP-REM-HGJ-US7SSJ800

CAN ICES-3(B) /NMB-3 (B)

Can I expect a firmware update for the HDD from WD to fix this incompatibly issue?

Can WD contact HighPoint and put their heads together how to make their devices work together?

Or is it left for consumer to pull their hair out of the head?