Hey just bought this yesterday and no wifi

I hope just  a quick one. Just bought this WDTVLive. I have 30+ items connected to my wifi systems yet this box will not detect any wifi points, done unsecured open network you name it, it updated its firmware on cabled lan then still nothing, box says wifi n. **bleep** help please…

Draks wrote:

I hope just  a quick one. Just bought this WDTVLive. I have 30+ items connected to my wifi systems yet this box will not detect any wifi points, done unsecured open network you name it, it updated its firmware on cabled lan then still nothing, box says wifi n. **bleep** help please…

What WiFi adapter are you using?   Is it recognized?

Its supposed to have wifi built in

The post has been moved to the Live Streaming forum, so if that’s what you have, good.

Does it give you the option of WIRED versus WIRELESS on the first steps of network setup?   If not, then your unit is defective and should be exchanged.

If so, keep in mind that the interface is 2.4 MHz only.  So if you’re trying to associate to an 802.11n 5.0 GHz network, that won’t work.

yes it does give wired and wireless options in setup, and my router is 2.4ghz. im getting the feeling it maybe dodgy as a few networks should be detected yet it finds nothing

On you SMP,  Press “Setup”.

Then select Network Setup, select Wireless, then select Auto detect wireless.

You should then see a list with your router, if you do then there should be nothing wrong with the wireless on the SMP, if you don’t then there is probably something wrong.   Also, if you see other routers (like your neighbors) but you don’t see yours, then the problem is most likely with your router setup.

Setup, auto detect was tried repeatedly to no avail. As I have 3 wifi access points plus 2 or 3 neighbours are detectable with any other device the unit must be faulty. Was just trying to find if others had had this problem before I returned it for a change over thanks anyway.

Do a reset to factory defaults and see what happens (if anything)