Help with getting content info!?

So I have searched all over this forum, cant figure out whats going on…

I cannot get “get content info” menu to pop up, nor can i get movie info to show at all, using the WDTV SMP.

For years I have been a ‘Media Center Master’ User. And MCM proccessed all my movies as soon as they are downloaded. It creates its own .XML file for each movie, downloads a Trailer, a backdrop, a banner, and a folder thumb. My Directories look like this: (example of a movie folder and its contents below)

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)/

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)/The Monster Squad (1989).mkv

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)//The Monster Squad (1989).xml

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)//The Monster Squad (1989).tgmd

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)//The Monster Squad (1989).jpg

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)/Trailer/Trailer.avi

This is all done by media center master. Not by WDTV SMP. 

I have:

-Created “My Media Library” on the WDTV SMP, through the Menu and added my “C:/Media” folder…

-Made sure the shared folder was shared to “Everyone” with “full access” and read/write enabled for all…

-Let WDTV SMP run for 2 hours while it “Built media Library” and “Getting content info…”

It finishes fine every time…  And I access “My Media Library” then select “C:/Media” but there is no movie info.

Ive tried with Get Media Info on auto, and manual. When I press “options” on the movie folder, I dont get the option to “Get Content Info”. Only “Move, Delete, rename, Rescan” etc…

Ive even erased the library from WDTV and rebuilt it. No Luck… 

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is it my Naming Convention? is the MCM .xml interfering? If so, is there a way around that? becuase other devices use that info just fine (Like my older WDTV Live+ units running WDLXTV software)

My house is hardwaired into every room with Cat6a Ethernet. No Wireless is used. I have no problem with my PC’s DLNA devices, or older WDTV Live Plus, and WDTV Live units. But they are both running WDLXTV, which they dont make for the WDTV SMP - but its not needed if I can just get this movie info to work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!! I appreciate you answers

WDTV SMP version 1.12.14

What do you mean:

And I access “My Media Library” then select “C:/Media” but there is no movie info.

You either access “My Media Library” or the share, you don’t do both.

The “Get Content Info” will only show up if you have your share added the the Media Library, and then you select “My Media Library”  (Select Videos, press the red button on the remote and select “My Media Library”).

Also, you can use Thumbgen (just like WDLXTV) on the SMP without any custom FW, there are themes here that are specifically designed for using Thumbgen.  But there is also custom FW:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/homebrew-now-available/td-p/523646

Sorry for the confusion, Yes, I select “Video”, then “My Media Library” then choose the Media directory (As I have more than one directory in My Media Library) is what I meant.

I can see all my movies, and their “Folder.jpg” show as the coverart thumb for each movie. But there is no movie info. If i right click on one of these movie folders, such as “Monster Squad (1989)” the only options it gives me is “Move, Copy, Delete, Rename, Rescan, and Select Multiples”.

WOuld be nice if I could get that to work.

I have thumbgen, And Ive used it to create _Sheet.jpg’s for WDXLTV. But I want everyhting to be automatic. I dont want to have to manually run Thumbgen when I want to get the info’s and whatnot. But I will if I have to. I rather like the layout of stock WDTV SMP gui, and I also like the thought of using stock firmware instead of having to flash them with unofficial firmware.

I will read up on the Homebrew though and Thumbgen Themes, thanks for the heads up! But right now im perplexed by my current situation.

A question which might help us help you!

Do you have each movie in it’s own folder?

@flesch

Get Content Info” will not work with Movie Folders. eg. C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)/  

It’s only available for actual “Video Files” eg. C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)/The Monster Squad (1989).mkv

So your setup … you will have to navigate a few subfolders before you get to the actual “Video File” which then if you press “Option” … “Get Content Info” will be available.

ALSO… Metadata will NOT Display at a “Folder” Level … only at a “File” Level

eg. When you are at the “Folder” Level of your Movie only the Data in RED is displayed (ie. The Folder Thumbnail)

The SMP does not ‘See’ the rest until you enter the folder … which will see the ORANGE

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)/

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)/The Monster Squad (1989).mkv

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)//The Monster Squad (1989).xml

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)//The Monster Squad (1989).tgmd

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)//The Monster Squad (1989).jpg

C:/Media/Movies/The Monster Squad (1989)/Trailer/Trailer.avi (another subfolder !)