Help Understanding Theme File Structure

Hello All,

Apologies for the length but I’m trying to understand the theme/file structure for the WDTV setup. Here’s my configuration;

WD TV Media Player (WDBYMN0000NBK-HESN)

Configured as a player only, no media file storage, Media Manager is turned off.

My NFS NAS server with all of my media files managed via Couchpotato and Sickrage

HubFlow Media Manager generates all jpg/xml files for both Television and Movie files/directories

I then have my files organized as;

/Library/Movies/[movie_name]/[movie_file]

and

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/[tv_episode_file]

After my files are in their correct directories, I manually run the HubFlow Media Manager and using the settings that I do, (Full Cover selected and not Metathumbs), it generates the following files;

/Library/Movies/[movie_name]/[movie_file].jpg

/Library/Movies/[movie_name]/[movie_file].xml

and

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/folder.jpg 

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/folder.jpg

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/[tv_episode_file].jpg

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/[tv_episode_file].xml

So I believe these files are used as follows;

In the /Library/Movies/[movie_name]/ directory, provides both thumbnail and large images

/Library/Movies/[movie_name]/[movie_file].xml

In the /Library/Movies/[movie_name]/ directory, provides the movie description

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/folder.jpg 

In both the /Library/Television/ and the /Library/Television/[television_series_name]/ directories, provides the thumbnail and large images

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/folder.jpg

In the /Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/ directory, provides the thumbnail and large images

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/[tv_episode_file].jpg

In the /Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/ directory, provides the unique episode thumbnail and large images

/Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/[tv_episode_file].xml

In the /Library/Television/[television_series_name]/[season number]/ directory, provides the unique episode information

Please feel free to correct any mistakes. My question is, when I’m browsing on the WDTV in the;

/Library/Movies/

directory, what files are used to for the small thumbnails and large images of the Movie directories, as well as what files are used for the movie information? Both the thumbnail and large images, as well as the Movie information fields are blank, until I select a Movie, and the WDTV switches to the /Library/Movies/[movie_name]/ directory.

Thanks,

Jason

put simply … metadata ie. Movie/TV Backdrops and Movie/TV Information (Plot,Actors etc) do not display for “Folders”

they only display for “Files”

There is a *trick* to get Movie/TV Information to display for “Folders”  (but Movie/TV Backdrops will still not display with this trick)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Media-Player/Movie-metadata-in-top-level-of-galery-view/m-p/848633#M2196

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn’t work for my system. I tried renaming the [movie_name] directory to [movie_name].avi, and then moving the [movie_name].xml file to the /Library/Movies/ top level directory, but no thumbnail image or movie description gets displayed. However, I did try some other things, and when I copied the;

to

/Library/Movies/[movie_name]/folder.jpg

the movie thumbnails and large images are displayed now when I browse in the /Library/Movies/ top level directory. So partial success. Even though the movie information isn’t displayed until I enter the [movie_name] subdirectory, it’s more important for me to be able to see the movie directory thumbnail images anyway. Now I just need to figure out how to get the HubFlow Media Manager to insert the movie image into every directory, and call it folder.jpg.

Jason

personally i don’t put my movies into individual folders … which eliminates the problem

Movies   <----- Main Folder

300.mkv

300.xml

300.jpg

47 Ronin.mkv

47 Ronin.xml

47 Ronin.jpg

etc etc

1 Like