Help -SWITCH From: WIN7 & MYBOOK To: MAC & G-RaidT3 (G-DriveT3)

SWITCHING FROM:
I currently have 4TB WD-MYBOOK ext HD connected via USB to a Win7 PC.

SWITCHING TO:
I have a 16 Macbook Pro 15 w Thunderbolt 3.
Plan to buy either a G-Raid T3 …OR… a G-Drive T3
Plan to BACKUP G-RaidT3 (or G-DriveT3) to a WD EASYSTORE usb3 ext drive (w usb to T3 adapter)

GOAL:
I want ALL files currently on 4TB WD-MYBOOK external HD (currently connected to a WINDOWS 7 PC by USB) to be MOVED to my new G-Raid T3 …OR… G-Drive T3 (connected by Thunderboldt 3 to my new 16 MACBOOK PRO). …Once files are MOVED to the G-RaidT3 or G-DriveT3, I want to be able to ACCESS & EDIT the files using my MACBOOK PRO

NOTE: I will NOT be using the old 4TB WD-MYBOOK with my new MACBOOK PRO

FOR TESTING:
I unplugged 4TB WD MYBOOK ext HD from WIN7 PC & connected it to my MACBOOK PRO using usb to thunderbolt 3 adapter. Once 4TB WD MYBOOK was connected to MACBOOK PRO I notice I “CANNOT” EDIT or DELETE files working on the 4TB WD MYBOOK …BUT… I ‘‘CAN’’ VIEW, OPEN, COPY & PASTE files working on the old 4TB WD MYBOOK .I can ‘‘also’’ COPY & PASTE FILES from 4TB WD MYBOOK TO MACBOOK PRO (internal ssd). …ALSO, once files are PASTED TO my MACBOOK PRO internal ssd (from 4TB WD MYBOOK) , I ‘‘CAN’’ DELETE, COPY & PASTE files but I “CANNOT” EDIT files (when file are pasted TO my MACBOOK PRO).

QUESTIONS:

Q1…HOW DO I MOVE THE FILES-CORRECTLY?
My idea was to connect G-RAID T3 (or G-DRIVE T3) to MACBOOK PRO via T3,…AND…connect old 4TB WD MYBOOK ext HD to MACBOOK PRO at same time, with USB to T3 adapter…“then”… COPY & PASTE ALL FILES from the 4TB WD MYBOOK “to” G-RAID T3 (or G-DRIVE T3)? …IS THAT HOW I DO IT -OR- THERE A BETTER/CORRECT WAY TO MOVE THE FILES LIKE USING SOME KIND OF MIGRATION TOOL ON MACBOOK?..PLEASE EXPLAIN BEST WAY.

Q2, Would files then be able to be edited w MACBOOK PRO once on G-RaidT3 (G-DriveT3)?

Q3. Would I then be able to BACK UP the G-RaidT3 (or G-DriveT3) to a USB WD EASYSTORE ext drive?

Q4. What FILE-FORMAT should I FORMAT the WD EASY STORE exl drive to?

Q5. What FILE-FORMAT should I FORMAT the G-RaidT3 (or G-DriveT3) ext drive to?

Maybe you should try contacting G Tech’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact G Tech for Technical Support
https://support.g-technology.com/contact.aspx