Help setting up mycloud!

Im sorry if im starting a new topic on something that has already been discussed.

I moved and set up service through ATT Uverse and they provided me with a modem/router unit. I did some research and I couldn’t get Mycloud connected through it so I went out and bought a stand alone router. Ive never had issues plugging it in and seeing it on my network with other routers but maybe I set it up wrong.

I set up ther router and plugged in the mycloud and it was discoverable on the network (through the Win8 app) I couldn’t access it through the Windows 8 app. I then went in to settings and enabled ports 8080 and 8443 with a ip of 192.198.0.51 on each. Now I can not see it at all.

im ok with computers but I don’t really know where to start with this so if someone could give me some steps I wont have trouble making it work.

There have been several posts from AT&T users who found that the My Cloud doesn’t work properly or at all unless they put a switch/hub in between the AT&T supplied router/gateway and the My Cloud.

https://community.wd.com/t/cant-connect-my-cloud-using-att-uverse-1gig-fiber-service/140412

that makes sense. I went and bought a full blown router when I could have just gotten a switch. Please let me know if im understanding this correctly.

• disable the DHCP and wifi on the router
  • remove the ports I set up (I opened the same ports on the router/modem.)
  • Connect the stand alone router to one of the Ethernet ports of the modem/router,
  • connect the mycloud to the router.

and it should be good?

Also do you have any idea why it would read it on the application but would not connect?

Im not there right now so I would be trying it out but I spent to much time messing with it so Id like to go in with some knowlege. I know this is probably 101 for a lot of people so I apologize in advance.