Help! RECOVER LOST FILES DUE TO REFORMATTING ERROR/DELETION

I messed up. I had about 1TB of files on my “My Passport - ultra” and it was formatted to windows and I wanted to input files from my Mac. I looked on-line to see how I can change it from “read only” to be compatible with Mac and Windows. I learned that i can change it with disk utilities by deleting Mac OS extended (journaled). i didn’t get a warning about losing my files. I received an error warning saying it didn’t work, so i tried again and it deleted everything off the hard drive. I downloaded “EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard” and it recovered 761.41 GB but it will only restore 2GB and it is telling me to upgrade for $90 to get the rest of my stuff. I tried to restore it from the disk utilities restore button but it is not working. it says OSStatus error 22. Please help, I messed up bad and i just want the pictures of my deceased relatives back.

Hello,

We would like to inform you that WD does not provide any data recovery services. However, you can contact our preferred data recovery partners using the following link: Data Recovery Service Providers

I am sorry to hear about your loss. To be honest the functions such as Erase or Format are self-explanatory in general. It does indicate that this will format the existing data from the chosen drive. However, mistakes happen with everyone. Data recovery software are meant for recovering files; yes they do come with a price. You can try more tools like Stellar; they also offer free 1 gb data recovery. You can check here. But, after 1 Gb data recovery you will be asked to upgrade. A complete free data recovery software with a great UI or advanced features is not available. There are tools like TestDisk and Photorec which lacks UI and run with Command lines. Someone with an expertise of command lines can use these tools with ease or without causing further harm. Again, to be honest, for precious files data recovery under $100 is still better than recovering with data recovery services which causes 10 times the software cost.