Help Please!

Apparently there seems to be no offered solution to the firmware update problems coming anytime soon. Is rolling back to the last version an alternative or not. If so how do you do it. The sad part here is I swore off WD a few years back because of some junk hard drives and my computer tech friend convienced this was good thing to do for a my photos. I installed hardly 2 weeks before this had to happen. No sooner started to expand my horizons just to be stopped in my tracks. This really **bleep**!

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Dedicated Regional Support

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

Regards,

Thank you I will.

Hello,

Can you provide any more insight into the issues that you are experiencing?  There may be an alternative to rolling back…

Thank you, the main problem I have is I cannot access the dashboard. I can access the files and work with them but I did lose some folders in this problem.Apparently the IP address is not recongized. I do have another issue only on 1 computer in that when I try to access the cloud files through any of my image softwares it prompts a password to network I don’t believe I set up. But that maybe a local problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KeithUtter wrote:

Thank you, the main problem I have is I cannot access the dashboard. I can access the files and work with them but I did lose some folders in this problem.Apparently the IP address is not recongized. I do have another issue only on 1 computer in that when I try to access the cloud files through any of my image softwares it prompts a password to network I don’t believe I set up. But that maybe a local problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

How are you accessing the drive?  Are you accessing the drive through the WD MyCloud apps or just through Windows explorer?

The password you are being prompted for is probably because the drive and your PC are not in the same workgroup.  If you aren’t sure how to set that up, WD support will be able to assist.

I am accessing through Explorer with the desktop icons that loaded with my activation. The only one with a problem is the dashboard. And I’ll check into the workgroups. Thanks!