HELP Please!

Hello,

I have just purchased a new, open box 500 gb passport wireless ssd and I’m having a hard time setting this up. when I turn it on it does not show the wireless network to log into.
Is there a way to do a reboot?

Thanks,

Jim

Is there not a quick setup guide you can refer to?

In general, by default the WD drive will setup it’s own network when booted up. The PW (I believe) will be on a sticker or card in with the drive.

You have to log into the drive’s network in order to access the “dashboard” of the device. You can then get to the dashboard by pointing a web browser to the device’s IP address. (It will “probably” be at ip address 192.168.60.1)

From the dashboard. . .you can change all kinds of settings.

Once you are at the dashboard, you can configure the device to log onto your main house WiFi network.

Once the device logs itself onto the house wifi network, the device can reach the internet and any device on the MyPassport network can reach the web.

Note that once your device is on the main house network, you can also access the files on the drive (using explorer, or typing the IP address your main router assigns to the drive into explorer (it won’t be 192.168.60.1)).

Good luck.