HELP PLEASE - Office 365 (Specifically WORD 2016) VERY SLOW AND LAGGING

Hi,

I need some help, i have a My Cloud Storage plugging into my wi-fi router which i connect to via my wi-fi connection. I have real trouble using WORD 2016 documents from the device. It’s very slow when typing, moving objects around is very unresponsive and juddering when i do. It’s really slowing my working day down. I have tried various things and it seems to be a network issue with the device i think, any help i would be so grateful!

Richard

Best network speeds are achieved via a hardwired connection from the computer. WiFi is always slower. There have been numerous questions about the My Cloud and Microsoft Office. The only real answer is to copy the file to your computer … do the work needed … and copy the file back to the My Cloud.

1 Like

What type of device are you using and what operating system. I have Windows 10 with all updates on both my desktop and laptop, both have 16 GB’s of RAM, and fast processors and my Router has a fast processor.

I have Office 365 and use Word 2016 quite often without any problems.

Hi Hamwic ,

May be you should check the firmware of your My Cloud device and also reboot the drive and the router. This may resolve your issue.

Thank you for your replies, i am using a WD My Cloud 2TB Cloud storage device, its up to date with Firmware, i have re-booted several times and using Windows 10. I have 8GB of RAM, 2GHz.

I have just checked and i seem to be using Office 32bit but i have a 64bit PC dont know if thats an issue to resolve.

I have also just seen my files and i am using Word to produce property details which includes 5 pages with several photos and text boxes, some of the files seem to be like 40mb which i feel is very high, i have compressed some of the pictures but doesn’t seem to do much.

Is this an issue as well? Its really slowing my production of work quite dramatically!

Thank you everyone!!

Richard

Hi Hamwic ,

Are you just facing an issue in using Word only ?

Is there any reason you can’t create file on your PC and then copy to your myCloud? As long as you have a wifi interface, it seems you’ll have to deal with the slower response time.

You could also try using a wired (Ethernet 1Gbyte+) connection, which I use all the time with no slow down.

Yes it just seems to be Word that i affected…someone wrote on another forum about uninstalling and reinstalling the 64bit version would this do anything?

Even when i try that it still seems to be slow, would it be because im inserting pictures into the document from the shared drive?

Hi Hamwic,

May be you can try reinstalling it. It may help you.

Thanks!

If you’ll do a google search for

microsoft office 365 word 2016 slow

(It prompted with slow typing )

It seems this problem is well know, occurs to many people, and in many different use case scenarios (dropbox, high-def displays, typing animation “feature”, and I’m sure many others).

Of course, the fix is update your version MS Word .

Good luck.