Help please - new user with problems on jumpy/distorted video playback

Thanks for looking…

I have just purchased a 2TB Elements Play and transferred all my movies from my external hard drive onto it.  

Very very few of the movies (some downloaded, some copied of personal dvds) played without some distortion or other - most of the files have been converted to avi files by the way. (with a few mpeg4s)

Could this be a faulty hdmi?  or the bitrates?  or because of the compression? (or is that the same as bitrate) or the format? )

I have some small movie files in avi format that are only really small files (about 7 minutes each) and they play perfectly, but I seem to have problems with movie files (most are around 700mb)  

Also, should the format be ntfs or fat32?  

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I have spent the last 4 hours google-ing/bing-ing/yahoo-ing/wikipedia-ing etc and have come up with zilch so far!  and am starting to lose patience with this gadget pretty quickly!  All I want to do is convince my hubby that it wasn’t a waste of money (which he thinks it was) and put all my movies onto it to play through the tv without having to put them onto the USB stick and plug into the Blu Ray!   I did start converting all my movies ages ago to AVI files, and was extremely excited when I found this player, because it seemed to be what I was looking for.  I hope my excitement wasn’t premature!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (in layman’s terms please)  Thank you in advance :o)

I had similar problems when I bought mine but they were resolved when I updated the software ,its definately something to check before you go any further

Hello,

If you use a different HDMI cable do you experience the same issue? Also, if you connect another drive with the same file what happens?

Hi

I also have the same problem with jumpy images.

Have just downloaded the new firmware onto a thumbdrive and ready to plug into the player.

On the other hand, the firmware installation instructions says that i will see a screen “automatically” asking if i want to apply the firmware update. Does that means that i also have to connect the player to a screen (eg. tv) ?

Sorry if my question seems silly.

Thank you in advance for any answers.

Yes, you need to be able to see what you’re doing.