Help please from Italy: Movie not found

Hello from Italy. I’m struggling with my new WDTV Live SMP and Thumbgen. I’m using the working Thumbgen Lite provided by Tinwarble, with Mojo Theme. Yesterday I tried for the first time with one folder (TV Show/Alcatraz/Season 1) and evrything seemed to work. Then I erased all the metadata in Alcatraz Folder, in order to work with all the folders…

Today when I started to process a folder (Alcatraz or any other) Thumbgen does not find any show (the movie was not found)! Where is the problem? I have all my tv show on a Synology Nas, and I’m using W7, with iMac and BootCamp. I have the drive correctly mounted.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas.

For this one it’s better if you contact Tinwarble directly, send him a PM to see if he can respond your question on this thread.

DONT  pm tinwarble,

for general questions it should never be recommended to PM somebody

PM are for private matters

as for thumbgen,

I’ve seen a few threads indicating some problems trying to get tv show info

it wouldn’t surprise me, if this is what you are seeing

Today when I started to process a folder (Alcatraz or any other) Thumbgen does not find any show (the movie was not found)! Where is the problem? I have all my tv show on a Synology Nas, and I’m using W7, with iMac and BootCamp. I have the drive correctly mounted.

In ThumbGen you may be asked to type in the title of the TV Show you are looking for if the program has been unable to find it.  This happens for me sometimes but I ALWAYS use “Manual Mode” when creating sheets.  In Manual mode a clue is to type in the IMDB link to the series when asked.  So if you are looking for episodes in the Series Alcatraz copy/paste the address of the series from IMDB:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1728102/  Make sure you have the tt and the number for the complete series.  Each episode also has a distinct IMDB number as well.

Now name your episodes similar to this.  Alcatraz S1E01  so this means series 1 episode 1.  Then comes Alcatraz S1E02 etc. You put in the 0 in case there are thirteen episodes in the series.  Without the 0 the episode order could read Ep 1, Ep10, Ep 11, Ep 12, Ep 13, Ep 2, Ep 3 etc.

ThumbGen ‘usually’ finds the series in IMDB OK.  However the vast amount of information that appears on your finished movie sheet comes from the TVDB website.

Let us know how you get on.

Are you sure you have the collector set to tvshows rather than the one for films?

Ok, today Thumbgen was able to find the Tv Swhow (nothing was changed, but now it worked fine).

I’ve another problem:

My WDTVLive SMP shows only the thumbnail and the synopsys, for each tv show episode. It does not show that sort of slide show on the back, (do you call it moviesheet?). This is my folder and file structure, e.g. for Alcatraz S01E01:

Alcatraz Folder>Season 1> Alcatraz.1x01.Pilot.avi

in the same folder I’ve these file, generated by Thumbgen (or Wd scraper):

Alcatraz.1x01.Pilot_cover.jpg (showed)

Alcatraz.1x01.Pilot_sheet.jpg (not showed)

Alcatraz.1x01.Pilot.avi_sheet.jpg (not showed)

Alcatraz.1x01.Pilot.avi.tgmd 

Alcatraz.1x01.Pilot.jpg (not showed)

Alcatraz.1x01.xml (showed)

I see no backdrop folder.

What am I missing? Thank you and have a Merry Christmas.

bug in the latest firmware, you can solve it by downgrading to 1.11.14

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

here is a thread discussing the bug:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/3-08-14-TV-Shows-and-Custom-Backdrops/m-p/497558/highlight/true#M9900

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’ll try asap.  In january I’ll tell you my experience. 

Bye.

Thank you. It seems to work.

moved to another thread.