Help new/used MBW II

I recently purchased a used MBW II that was used but in working condition (I was told it works) without dirves.
I also purchased a new 2tb WD Green hdd to use in it.
My problem is that after the hdd is inserted and the MBW is powered on the top light doesnt stop blinking.

Is there anything I can do or is the box is dead?

Dude, the OS of the MBW is store IN the drives… Without one of the original unformatted drives or clones of the original content inside it won’t work. You’ve been scammed.

1 Like

awesome…well i’ll try and contact WD to see if i can purchase drives driectly from them since I got this unit pretty cheap.
hopefully if that works I wont have to go back to the person I bought it from for a refund.

thanks for the help and info!

Ripcord83 wrote:

awesome…well i’ll try and contact WD to see if i can purchase drives driectly from them since I got this unit pretty cheap.
hopefully if that works I wont have to go back to the person I bought it from for a refund.

thanks for the help and info!

Still won’t work!! It has to be one of the original drives that came --with-- the drive o.o

1 Like

ok just got off the phone with WD support and they stated that because I only have one drive it cannot build the RAID properly. and that the original drives are not needed but I do need 2 Caviar drives not one.

good luck. im w/ pizza on this one.

1 Like

thanks for the help guys.
I wasn’t able to find out who was correct as the store only had smaller drives and I was told by customer service that they both have to be the same.
I gave up and purchased a Live DUO and everything went smoothly, setup took minutes and now im up and running fine.

Thanks again.