Help! my hard drive not powered up

Hello,

1. I have WD2500JS - 00MHB0 (250 GB) hard drive lost its power couple days ago.

2. I used this drive as secondary storage device in my desktop storing important documents and pictures of my family.

3. Few days ago, I heard some noise from my desktop and didn’t know it came from this hard drive until I found this drive disappeared from Windows 7.

4. I checked all of cables and connectors and found everything was ok.

5. This hard drive just lost its power and cannot be shown in my windows any more.

6. What should I do?

7. I research the Google, and it say I need to replace the PCB and must swap the U12 chipset (Firmware chipset) to get new PCB work on hard drive.

8. But I am not even sure the replacement of PCB would fix this problem and gives me all data back.

9. So I need your help to lead me into right steps to get this hard drive work back and share your experiences with this hard drive.

10. Please help me. (I am living in Austin, TX, so if there’s anyone who can help me in town, please help.)

11. Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry for the inconveniences that you are having with the drive. Currently, Western Digital does not sell or replace circuit boards for our hard drives nor are we aware of any other companies that sell them. Replacing the circuit board on a hard drive is not a recommended method for recovering data or drive functions as this will void the warranty on the hard drive. For every hard drive model that Western Digital manufacturers, there are many firmware changes that would make it very difficult to find a circuit board with the same firmware of the defective drive. If you attempt to install a circuit board with a different firmware than the original, this may damage the hard drive further. If you need to recover the data on your drive, please contact one of our recommended preferred data recovery partners.