Help me with my Broken USB on My Western Digital Element Desktop Portable HardDrive

I just dropped it home on the Carpet with the Connectors still in. So when I picked it back up the Power Cable still worked but I think the USB Snapped or Something. So I was wondering how can I fix it the Hard-Drive or Get the Data off it

Broken USB ports leave the users with only a few chioces. Drives that came with Smartware are hardware encrypted and the data cannot be recovered by connecting as an internal drive or using another case. First if the drive is still in warranty then opening the drive will void the warranty. You can try getting another USB port soldered on at a electronics repair place. I know some have been repaired by soldering fine wire to the board and then the other end to a USB port. You can try getting an identical drive and try that board. These boards change frequently and there is no guarantee it will work. You can look on Ebay for a replacement this link explains a bit about matching up the boards http://community.wdc.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Bridge-Boards/td-p/353839 again no guarantee. On top of that dropping the drive may have physically damaged the drive.
Joe