Help! It just stopped working!

When I first bought by WD external I was able to connect it to my computer and save all my files.  Now everytime I connect it nothing happens, it does not bring up any of my files.  When I check my computer it says that WD has stopped working but it doesn’t tell me anything else.  Does anyone know my problem or how to fix it, any help would be appreciated!

Details provided in here is in adequate to come up with a solution. Please answer following and we might be able to help you.

Your external drive model # (Not the serial #)

Windows OS and service pack version if applicable

How old is your PC - it is a desktop or laptop?

Are you using external USB hub to connect subjected drive?

When did you first backup data in to your drive? (Approximate date)

When you connect your drive, can you see the activity LED lit (Steady or constantly flashing or flash few second and then steady)

Can you and hear the drive spinning?

Is the drive ticking constantly?

Are you using WD Smartware?

Are you using drive security (lock) feature?

Mabikay – SLK

I am having the same problem. I was watching a movie then it stopped and since then my laptop does not recognise the hard drive at all. The light is flashing constantly on the 750GB Passport  Essential SE. I have had it for 2 months…

Plaese read the first post on this forum. I am sure you can fix your drive if that is corrupted. Also read other posts with similar issue.

Link

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Passport-for-PC/How-to-eliminate-potential-problems-on-USB-Powered-Drives-and/td-p/118262

Mabikay - SLK