Help, I can't work out how to back up my files to my WD EX2 Ultra

I have a Mac computer.

The files I’d like to back up reside on a Roon Nucleus server that I access via SMB on the Mac.

I’ve just installed my WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra connected by ethernet cable to my Netgear Nighthawk.
I’ve set it up through the web interface via my Mac and am ready to copy the files from my Roon Nucleus server.

I set up a new share called Nucleus and using mapping instructions connected to the WD using both guest and as a registered user using this address smb://MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA.local
Both times I saw the list of shares and chose Nucleus but both times I received the error message “There was a problem connecting to the server MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA.LOCAL check the server name or IP address and then try again. If you continue to have problems, contact your system administrator.”

Am I on the right track, why am I unable to log on to the WD via SMB? if this problem can be solved then I’m still unsure how I can copy my Nucleus files to the WD. Can somebody explain that to me please.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA article: My Cloud OS 5: macOS Time Machine Backup to a My Cloud