When I click on my Computer then my Element Drive in the F:/ location I get 2 messages F: is not accessible access denied. I am using a PC with Windows 7 OS
There is a number of things that could cause this but here are some basics to try first:
- Try the drive on another system (If fails try step 2)
- Try the drive with a different cable
- Check to see if the drive shows up in disk management (See below)
How i get to disk management
- type “mmc” then hit ENTER
- May need to authorize it to run (select yes)
- inside of MMC (Console 1) go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in… > add Disk Management from the list on the left
- Leave on “this computer” then click finish > then OK
- Inside of Console 1 click on Disk Management
Depending on what you see different steps will need to be taken, I would post the answer to the following questions:
- Does the drive work on another system?
- Does the drive work with another cable (or could you test this)?
- Does the drive show up in disk management?
- If yes…how is the space for the drive labled? unallocated? allocated? etc.
- if no…
Copied from a previous post by fzabkar:
Can you hear the drive spin up?
Can you see it in Disk Management? Device Manager?
Can you see the USB enclosure with Microsoft’s UVCView utility?