HELP: HD icon for gallery view

I’m using JoeySmyth’s new Alaska theme and am really loving the look and smoothness. I just have one question for general theming here. Is there a way to get the little HD icon that shows up when you click “OPTIONS” on a movie to show up next to the movie title in gallery view? If there is, which file contains that information in the theme?

Hi, Have not tried it yet, but i am guessing if the “align="top,hcenter is changed to align=left

This may well work, have not done.xml code so not sure of syntax, if you try this, be interested to see how you get on.

This from my mail in ALASKA RESURFACE 7/3/12

I changed one of my standard movie.jpg and folder.jpg (which are120 x 180) icon for a pic in the .movie.backdrop folder - fanart_thumb00.jpg. Copied it to the movie folder and renamed it to movie.jpg. So the movie icon is now 300 x 169. Deleted .wdtv folder just to clear cache.

Then notice this, that in Gallery view, the picture on the left hand side is the full 300 x 169 image ( looks good), but the interesting bit is that the image displayed for the folder icon on the right hand side is the centre part of the 300 x 169 image – not distorted and in proportion.

So I am thinking if a movie.jpg image was created which was say 400 x 169 which on the left hand side was an image like fanart_thumb00.jpg and the right hand side the standard movie icon, and it was possible to show only the left hand side of the image in Gallery movie icons ( Left ) and only the right hand side on the Large top right image.

Joey Replied :-

@tony0204

Then notice this, that in Gallery view, the picture on the left hand side is the full 300 x 169 image ( looks good), but the interesting bit is that the image displayed for the folder icon on the right hand side is the centre part of the 300 x 169 image – not distorted and in proportion.

I deliberatly did that because i was using TVDB screencaps for a couple of tv shows i had.

This code:

<wrapper y=“147” w=“113” h=“170” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan” align=“top,hcenter” bg=“1”>

ie. pans to the top and center of the image while cropping the sides.  doesent affect posters, but will affect anything wide landscape …

I used this coding in All Video Views.

images/video_option_hd_icon.png

images/video_preview_hd_icon.png

From a brief observation about the behavior of HD icon.

It appears in Preview Video View (rv_preview_browse_page.xml)  

It also appears in Video Playing Option (video_playing_option_menu_page.xml)

So, what do these 2 instances have in common ? 

They will only display aka. ‘trigger’ the HD icon when  Video is Active (eg.Playing)

For any other  view where there is No Video Playing the HD icon is not triggered.

Another example, have a look a Preview Video View…

You will Notice Video Bitrate, Video Codec & Audio Codec display nothing… until the Preview video starts playing.