Hello Need a little help please

I have a wd 320gig passport when I try to copy a file that is 4.10 gigs it tell me the file is to large for the destination file system the disk has about 20 gigs of files on it… It is just when I try to put a file that is 4 gigs are larger on it

Thanks

Raceman,

Your Passport drive is formatted using FAT32 file system. On FAT32 partition you cannot copy anything over 4.0 GB.

If you want to copy files above 4.0GB in size, you need to have NTFS file system.  If you are willing to do this, you need to copy all of the files residing in your portable to another location. (Drive Backup)

Then follow these instructions to repartition and format your drive using NTFS.

Partition & Format Drives

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3865&p_created=1258601352&p_sid=JeFL3lkk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTEyLDExMiZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9cGFydGlvbg!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

Good Luck

Mabikay – SLK

Note: Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue.

:smiley: Thank you very much