HELLLP - Cannot establish remote access connection - Firmware version Release 3.04.01

Hi all,

I have two WD My Cloud (standard versions) on my home network using the latest firmware. One acts as the main NAS, the second one holds my safepoint which is updated daily over my network.

Everything has been working fine for weeks. All for a sudden, last week i noticed i could no longer access my primary NAS outside of my network via my mobile device or from my PC at work. I checked the dashboard, under settings > general > remote access, i noticed that port forwarding was no longer working and i got a message saying “cannot establish remote access connection”.

I had set the remote access setting as “Auto” letting uPNP manage the port forwarding with my router. Im using a Sky Hub router. Like i said above it has been working fine for a number of weeks.

So last week everything seemed to have changed, i could no longer access my NAS outside of the house. I did try manually forwarding ports, i still got the same issue. As a test, I also enabled remote access on my second my cloud NAS and that too suffers from the same issue.

Could this be some kind of corruption or bug thats surfaced from the firmware? Or a conflict with my router? My router and NAS are always powered on so im frustrated on why this has just happened when its been working fine. Nothing has changed on my home network or on the NAS.

Hope someone can shed some light on what else i could try?

Thanks

Hi. Did the problem start after you updated the firmware??

I have had a similar problem. Surprisingly in my case my access to their website wdmycloud.com was also not there. I have eventually put the drive on a Full factory restore. Now I am able to access the site??? Really mind bogling!!!

Thanks for the reply guys…

I think this may have something to do with it:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/NOTICE-Service-Issues-Update-for-My-Cloud-and-My-Book-Live/td-p/709630

They should at least warn people via their registration email or have some alert pop up on the dashboard if there is a genuine service issue affecting everyone. I may have wasted so much time over something that wasnt even an issue at my end.

[SIGH]

jatinkalsi - Hi, i had updated the firmware weeks ago when i purchased the hardware, and its been work perfectly fine. Its just the events starting last week and weekend gone, where i couldnt do anything with my remote access.

I just tested it now, and it seems to be working again but very slow than usual. Ridiculous!! Lets see how long this lasts.

Harpy1976

Click on the envelope at the top right corner to see your private mails in this forum :wink:

No remote access on a cloud drive, really.

This is a joke, I reworked my entire network thinkng that it was a problem on my end.  Now I find out the it is a WD issue and that they did not let anyone know that there is an issue on their end, thanks!!

This needs to be fixed NOW WD!!

Gen-Disorder wrote:

No remote access on a cloud drive, really.

This is a joke, I reworked my entire network thinkng that it was a problem on my end.  Now I find out the it is a WD issue and that they did not let anyone know that there is an issue on their end, thanks!!

This needs to be fixed NOW WD!!

There is no use crying for spilt milk :wink: