HDMI setting keeps changing to 720P

I set my WDTV Live Plus to 1080P (compatible with my TV) and after awhile, it reverts to 720P.   I can’t identify when it happens but it doesn’t happen when I power off and back on.  It occurs while playing a file.  I’ll be watching and notice the picture quality has changed, check the setting and sure enough, it has.

Any ideas?

Are you sure it does not happen when you power up. This happens all of the time to me. You can set to 1080 and it always defaults to 720. Its a bug.

Definately.   In fact, I’ve gone to leaving it powered up all the time and it still happens.

janry, Although not exactly the same, I also have a similar problem. For over 8 months I have been having the problem where the HDMI output of the WD box powers up set at 720p (I manually set it to 1080i, but about 50% of the time it comes up set at 720p which my TV does not support). Because of this problem I sometimes leave the WD box on for a long time.

With the WD box on and just sitting there, the color space changes from RGB low to RGB high all by itself. This has been happening with the past several firmware releases. However, after the new firmware release (1.04.31), besides having that problem, the color space now sometimes changes to YCbCr all by itself while the box is just sitting at the home screen.

I can not understand why the box is changing the resolution and color space values when I have already set them manually to what I want them to be. This problem should not be that hard to fix, and frankly, I can not understand why these problems have been there for over 8 months. When the user sets a resolution/frequency and color space value manually, it should stay that way! 

Scandy wrote:

I can not understand why the box is changing the resolution and color space values when I have already set them manually to what I want them to be. This problem should not be that hard to fix, and frankly, I can not understand why these problems have been there for over 8 months. When the user sets a resolution/frequency and color space value manually, it should stay that way! 

Seems it would be easier to program the device to do that than to program it to make random changes but what the heck do I know?

I just came in looking if this happened to anyone else, same exact issue with mine (TV Live), defaults to 720p at random.

kasabian wrote:

I just came in looking if this happened to anyone else, same exact issue with mine (TV Live), defaults to 720p at random.

Is yours the “Plus”  or non Plus?

My non plus works perfectly. 
The problem is with the “Plus” version.

Try the auto-setting instead, it might work (check eventually with the MONINFO utility described in another thread).

Cocovanna

Mine is a TV Live, not the TV Live Plus.

Are you using 8 bit or 12 bit Deep Color Mode?

I was using 12 bit on my non plus and over the past couple of weeks did experience the problem of the unit reverting to 720P.   I changed to 8 bit and so far, it has stuck at 1080P.

Also with a complete powercycling (removing cable)?

Cocovanna