HDD SMART Info Displaying "Warning" Status

Hello,

As the subject indicates, I just recently upgraded the firmware on my QNAP NAS TS-119 and noticed in the Volume Management section that my still fairly new (purchased NEW 4/2014) WD 4TB (4003FZEX) drive is being reported as having a SMART “warning” status (see screen capture below). I tried running the various diagnostic tests that the firmware offers in addition to verifying the file system but the warning status remains. Since the system doesn’t seem to be in a critical failure status and I haven’t noticed any abnormal operation, should I be overly concerned about this? Or should I start considering an upgrade and/or warranty replacement (5 years) from WD? Thanks in advance.

If you are able to safely remove your units from the QNAP device then test them using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows. If the units pass the test then they are being tested using different parameters relevant to the QNAP device.

Thank you for the response. And forgive my ignorance, but S.M.A.R.T. data from a hard disk is independent of the reporting interface, correct? It shouldn’t matter if it’s QNAP, Windows, Buffalo Station, etc, right? SMART is SMART. I can still try testing the drive using DL diagnostics for Windows, but I suspect the condition will remain the same. I may try contacting tech support to see what their recommendation is.