HDD not supported

My 10TB g technology drive shows an error message that says the following: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Settings page. I thought all I have to do is plug it in and began downloading files. I did download the g technology WiFi app, along with the g technology assistant installer. What other app is needed? I don’t understand this. Please assist. Thank you.

Where did you download the “g technology WiFi app” ? … I’ve never heard of that before… I’m not sure what it would do with a G-DRIVE…

I found it online and the firmware along with the G-technology app called g-drive assistant is on the G-technology website.

yeah the assistant is on the website … I’ve just never heard of the wifi app before … can you provide a link ?

I really think the Wifi app has nothing to do with the G-Drive … never heard of it … and I used to run G-Tech Support … !

Hey that’s a mistake I’m looking at my wife app for my new WiFi adapter and that is separate from an HDD app. I do apologize for that. I’m just rather frustrated as to why 2 brand new G Technology HDDs go to sleep mode while in the middle of downloading a file or content of any kind. It’s interrupting my work flow. I still haven’t received any responses from G Technology Tech Support.