HDD not fully recognised

Hi, 

Hoping someone can help me.

For various reasons I went from an SSD to a HDD (Western Digital one that originally came with the laptop). I wanted to keep everything I had on the SSD (things like Office 2010) so I installed an image I had of Windows 8.1 (just made the image yesterday) by using the windows recovery process.

Everythign seemed to be working fine, I was able to boot into the operating system with no problems other than it took longer than it should, even with it being a HDD. So I extended the partition next, no problems there. System was still running slow at this point so I decided on a defrag (or the equivelant in windows 8), but I can’t perform a defrag for some reason. Also, when in the defrag options it says that I have an SSD installed (obvious problem from the image I made eysterday was an image of windows 8 on an SSD).

So I went into device manager to try and check that the drivers were up to date and they are. So I don’t know what to try next. I tried using defrag from the command line but all it seems to do is the pre-optimization report and then gets stuck at that, 

I have also noticed in Task Manager that the disk usage is running high. Reaches 90-100% quite a lot which would be an obvious reason for the laptop to be slow.

Can anyone think of a way I can resolve this issue so that WIndows knows it is on a HDD and not an SSD?

Thanks in advance (I hope haha)

Hello, try running a test using our DLG tool, if the test completes successfully try using a third party program to defrag the hard drive. 

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows