HD black (5 year guarantee) could be a good indication for monitoring with DVR

HD black (5 anos de garantia) poderia ser boa indicação para monitoramento com DVR

1. HD black tem 5 anos de garantia qual a melhor indicação dele, haveria outro com possibilidade de nuvem, custo benefício com garantia igual ou superior?
  2. HD black (5 anos de garantia) poderia ser boa indicação para vigilância (VIDEO em NUVEM-NAS) com DVR?
  3. A nuvem WD funciona dentro de DVR (como memória interna NAS)?

Welcome to the WD Community, @asor!

I’d be more than happy to help you out and answer your questions! However, I’d like to ask you to re-post them in English.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but even some automatic translation tools couldn’t assist me properly. :confused:

Keep me posted!
SuperSoph_WD

A rough translation would be:

"HD black (5 year guarantee) could be a good indication for monitoring with DVR

1. HD black has 5 year warranty which his best indication, there would be another possibility with cloud, money to guarantee equal or superior?
  2. HD black (5 year guarantee) could be a good indication for surveillance (VIDEO CLOUD-in NAS) with DVR?
  3. The WD cloud works within DVR (as NAS internal memory)?"

I will do my best to answer the questions, even though the rough translation doesn’t make it very clear.
However, in case I misunderstood something, make sure you point out, @asor! :slight_smile:

The WD Black is our performance drive. However, it’s still a desktop HDD that is designed to deliver these high-end demands for anyone who uses such applications/software in their computers. It is a great storage upgrade for your desktop or consumer RAID array (RAID 0 or RAID 1). However, it’s not really suited for a DVR system, especially if it’s recording 24/7.

For such environments, we have designed the WD Surveillance Storage Solutions. You can check the hyperlinks for more details on the choices you have. These drives are built for always-on, high-definition security systems and incorporate different advanced technologies that allow them work in such demanding environments. Some of their technologies include AllFrame (WD Purple & WD Purple NV) that boosts the write performance & reduces video interruptions (which is something that occurs with desktop HDDs, especially in higher video stream count environments). These drives also consume less power and prevent higher temperatures in 24/7 systems. The IntelliSeek tech calculates the optimum seek speeds which lowers power consumption, noise and vibration that can damage and cause drives to wear out more quickly, thus increasing reliability.

The WD Cloud or any network attached storage, for that matter, work best with our WD NAS HDDs. Due to the fact the NAS or RAID environment is also a hot one, they are optimized to consumer less power as well. Our NAS HDDs also incorporate a different firmware NASware 3.0 (WD Red & WD Red Pro). This advanced technology improves the system’s storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration and reliability. Desktop drives are typically not designed for RAID/NAS environments where the lack of error recovery controls could make the HDDs drop out of the array configurations & would potentially lead to data loss.

I’m not sure if I managed to answer your questions correctly. Please, let me know if there’s anything more specific that you are concerned about!

I hope I was helpful. Keep me posted! :slight_smile:
SuperSoph_WD

1 Like

When I click on the link for “WD Surveillance Storage Solution” I get a “Runtime Error”. So I could not check this product as I am looking for a storage solution. Further, since purchase of the surveillance system, I knew on the get go that the hard drive was WD 1 TB. I started replacing/purchasing bigger WD surveillance hard drives from your company as I could find them at a store near by where I live; 1TB, 2 TB, 4 TB, and 6 TB. All this was done to keep a library.

Secondly, I have a Swann Pro Surveillance System as follows:

SRDVR8-4500H DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER

Video:
Inputs: 8 channels
Outputs: VGA, HDMI
Display Resolution: Up to 1080 p^

Audio
Audio Input: 1 RCA
Audio Output: 1 RCA

Recording:
Compression Format: H.264
Recording Modes: Manual/Motion/ Schedule
Recording Resolution: Up to 1080 p^
Multi Tasking: Recording/Playback/Network Simultaneously
Frame Rate: Up to real-time 30fps/25fps^

Hard Drive
HDD Included: 1TB
Hard Drive Capacity: Up to 3TB SATA HDD

Connection
Network Connection: SwannLink "Peer-to-Peer
Network Interface: RJ45 Port x 1
USB Interface: USB 2.0 x 2

Software
Computer Operation Systems: Windows, Mac OS
Internet Viewing: SwannView Plus
Handheld Device Supported: iOS, Android, 3G/4G Smartphones & Tablets

General
Operating Power: DC 12 V
Dimensions: 11.2" x 9.5" x 1.8"

QUESTIONS:

1. What equipment do I need to purchase to duplicate by copying the 1, 2, 4, 6 TB hard drives, all purple label?

2. I need a storage solution so I do not need to keep replacing the hard drives, but I do not want the cloud type of solution. Any indication?

Your assistance will be very much appreciated.

Thanks and I am looking forward hearing from you.