Having issue with external 2TB hard drive after using on windows 8 computer

I recently purchased a new computer with windows 8 and after plugging my WD External 2 TB hard drive into the computer my WD TV Live does not recognize the hard drive.   Does Windows 8 reconfigure or tweak the settings?  The computer recognizes the hard drive and I can see all of my documents and movies so I know the hard drive is okay.  The WD TV Live reads other hard drives so I know it is okay.

Any help is appreciated. 

Did you make sure to eject the drive before disconnecting from the WD TV Live?

Connecting the drive to a computer should not have any impact over the drive performance when connected to the media player.

Try to backup and then reformat the drive.

I have a 4TB and with Windows 8.1 update I am having timeout issues.  I reset the power settings and it does not look as if Western Digital has any firmware updates to go along with Windows 8.1.  Can you please help me as well.  If the drive is not in use for 2 min, then it take windows or the program using it 1-2 minutes to find the drive again.

Thank you, would you happen to have instructions on how to reformat the hard drive?  When I search I keep finding guidance on FAT32 and the limitations.

curleyman wrote:

Thank you, would you happen to have instructions on how to reformat the hard drive?  When I search I keep finding guidance on FAT32 and the limitations.

Follow the steps on the link bellow.

How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (8, 7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865

Bratimp31 wrote:

I have a 4TB and with Windows 8.1 update I am having timeout issues.  I reset the power settings and it does not look as if Western Digital has any firmware updates to go along with Windows 8.1.  Can you please help me as well.  If the drive is not in use for 2 min, then it take windows or the program using it 1-2 minutes to find the drive again.

Try to contact support regarding your issue.

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en