Have they fixed the issue with Windows Live?

I kept getting the “No Media In Folder” message, and it turned out the problem with caused by my WDTV Live Plus not working if I updated Windows 7 with the Windows Live features.

There are several things I’d like to be doing with my PC that require Windows Live to be installed.  Has Western Digital fixed this issue?

Thanks.

The only repeatable issue that was caused by Windows Live Essentials (and its precursors) was the refusal to allow logins.

The error “No Media in Folder” was not caused by Windows Live.   

But at any rate, the buggy version of SAMBA that caused that original issue was fixed last year.

So… I can install Windows Live Essentials and it’s not going to pooch my current setup?  As well as the Windows Live Games software?  This would be great news, and an admirable reaction by WD.

dohwdforum2010 wrote:

So… I can install Windows Live Essentials and it’s not going to pooch my current setup?  As well as the Windows Live Games software?  This would be great news, and an admirable reaction by WD.

You should be able to…   Let us know how you fare.   Always room for confirmation…

I will install and troubleshoot this over the next couple of days, and let you know.