Have I missed the boat?

I’ve been meaning to get some PiDrives for a while, and some time ago I went to the 1TB page, where it said “Click to be notified when in stock”, which I did and put in my email address.
I’velooked at the other drives (250 and 375GB) and there is an “Add to cart” button but when clicked it pops up a message saying they’re out of stock and to come back later.

Have WD discontinued these without putting a note on the appropriate pages?

It would be rather tragic if so, because they’re a brilliant idea - why would they axe it? (I wonder if they are going to get stuck with loads of cases which nobody will buy as there’s nothing to out in them!).

Cheers,
Howard

1 Like

The banner across the top of the PiDrive Foundation Edition web page rather says it all unfortunately:

TURNING THE PAGE

Raspberry Pi fans: The WDLabs team has learned a great deal from engaging you and designing products for DIY community. We continue to investigate emerging ideas, however, and the time has come for our engineers to explore new areas. The WDLabs products for the Raspberry Pi ecosystem are now available only on a limited basis and will be discontinued. Our understanding of and appreciation for the creative Raspberry Pi community is highly valued by Western Digital and may resurface in the future.

We thank each and every one of you for your support these past three years.

https://www.wdc.com/products/wdlabs/wd-pidrive-foundation-edition.html