Has WD discontinued the ReadyView security system?

I’ve only been using my existing ReadyView system for 2 years and wanted to expand it. But now I’m noticing stores are sold out and am wondering did WD discontinue this product or is there going to be more and newer security products?

I think they really discontinue the produce. But you can still grab more cameras from BestBuy, Amazon, just Goole it.

I actually picked up a 2nd NVR too but I’m also concerned about the app, hope we get to continue using the live video feed.

1 Like

When I saw your post I called WD support today and they said that the ReadyView system is listed as a current product on their website, they weren’t discontinuing it, and referred me to MicroCenter for support. I called MicroCenter support and they told me that WD contracted with them to provide support for the ReadyView system and that the ReadyView system is not being discontinued. You can readily buy it on their website www.MicroCenter.com or in their stores. I purchased my ReadyView system at a MicroCenter store a few weeks ago and was there again today and saw a bunch of them on their shelf. It’s a great and affordable system and I hope they continue to sell it and support it for many years. I also asked why the app hasn’t been updated for a year and was told that they only push out updates if something isn’t work properly. Since the app is running well without any known problems, it doesn’t need an update. I then asked why you can only access the DVR on a computer using the outdated Internet Explorer and was told that the video plug-in they use doesn’t work on the new Edge browser and they didn’t have any answers as to when it will be compatible. I’m guessing it’ll happen if Microsoft does something to remove IE from computers in an update. I’m getting the feeling that WD has a “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” mentality.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I’m so glad you did this, it’s a relief to know this product isn’t going to be discontinued. I honestly prefer the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality, like toyota and their cars because they’ll run for decades!
I don’t understand the reason why they’d limit themselves to only allowing MicroCenter sell/support them, but oh well …

FWIW. If you go on Microcenter right now, they only list the 4mp and 8mp single cameras on the site. And I didn’t see any WD Readyview products, or spaces for them, in store at Tustin, California’s store.

Really starting to sound like the product line is going the way of the dodo. I was just about to buy another 4mp system…

This system is officially discontinued and no longer sold anywhere. WD no longer supports the WD Readyview and refers all support calls to Microcenter. Unfortunately, Microcenter support has very limited knowledge of the WD Readyview system and the warranty is all but invalid at this point. At least the app still works, especially since this system is mostly app driven, and was updated recently. I’ve tried adding other brand’s cameras and the Amcrest cameras work but are very limited in features and despite being 4k cameras the recordings are not high quality video like the cameras that come with the WD Readyview system. Very disappointing.

I’m updating my reply to state that despite what I was told by WD and Microcenter back in June of 2021, as of April of 2022, this WD ReadyView system is now discontinued and no longer sold anywhere. The iOS and Android apps are still available and were updated recently.

The app doesn’t work on iPad nor does it work on cellular anymore

The WD ReadyView app works on both my iPhone 11 and iPad Air. I use it every day without any problems. Try updating your iOS and reinstalling the app. The app was updated 7 months ago to fix bugs (the previous update a few months before that had problems). Also reboot the NVR and Internet router.

Haven’t been here in a while and now I see they have a “rewards program” to get activity up. Well, the first thing you can do for Ready View owners is to fix the app so it works on all iOS devices. As I and several others have stated, it doesn’t work on the iPad. ComputerNerd seems to be the only one who got it to work after the Nov 21 update. It’s not an installation issue as I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and done whatever I can think of to trick the system into working. Nope, nothing works. Maybe they can release the code since it is a dead product and a smart person can fix this little glitch which worked fine on the previous version of the app. or just rerelease the previous version and label it iPad only.