Has anyone heard of?

has anyone tried out this software? it says it converts blu-ray files to MKV

http://www.besthdsoft.com/

plus who does everyone prefer dvdfab blu ray or anydvd HD?

ok a real Noob question… in order to rip my blu-ray movies will a bluray drive work or does it have to be a burner? the obvious questions is yeah a drive since im not actually burning anything to a disk but i just wanted to double check before ordering. thanks

Haven’t tried that one. The best/free program in my opinion for just ripping a BD to mkv is www.makemkv.com . It doesn’t do compression though. And yes, you need a Blu-Ray drive is what you need, you don’t need a burner unless you want to burn copies.

Never heard of that software. Mike has ripped and encoded a huge amount of BDs using AnyDVD HD along with Handbrake, creating smaller but high quality MKV files. If storage is a concern, MakeMKV isn’t the best solution. I’m still working my say through encoding my DVD collection using DVDFab HD along with Handbrake, can’t comment on BD though.

Honest opinion?

Stay away from it… very far away… run, and don’t look back… ever.

I have zero faith in a company who doesn’t know that “DVD” and “BluRay” are separate things altogether, and can’t spend an extra couple of bucks to get a proper English translation and remove their typos.

“…is very easy to use, just a few clicks to  ** copy Blu-ray DVD to Standard DVD** with fast speed.”

WTH is a “Blu-ray DVD” ???

“…means that it’s the kind of software which converts and copys plentfy movies to your DVD player…”

Copies them to the DVD _ player _?  How?  And where do I find “plentfy movies” and why would I want to watch them?

I could go on, and on, and on.:smileyvery-happy:

I have a feeling the OP might just be an advertisement.

RoofingGuy wrote:

Honest opinion?

I have zero faith in a company who … can’t spend an extra couple of bucks to get a proper English translation and remove their typos.

Then throw your Live’s into the trash!   :smileyvery-happy:

LOL.

But WD’s website doesn’t devote more room to telling you how you can be an affiliate advertising their product, and get paid for every unit sold, than it does to describing (poorly) the product itself.

lol … dvdfab blu-ray / anydvd hd it is then