Has anyone had any luck replacing the hard drive with a larger drive?

I’ve been googling and people are having trouble replacing the hard drive with anything but the Scorpio Blue. I’ve been looking at a 2TB Western Digital Blue 2.5" internal hard drive. Does anyone know if that drive would in the WD Media Player?

Another concern is that even though the WD Blue 2TB is 2.5", it has a 15mm height. Would that even fit in the Media Player? I saw a 7mm internal Seagate 2TB hard drive, but I doubt it would work. Has anyone had any luck installing larger capacity internal drives? Since it’s out of warranty I don’t mind popping it open, and I’ve had to remove the drive a couple times already to error check it.

Success! With a Seagate laptop hard drive (sorry WD, the 2.5" WD hard drives at the store maxed out at 1TB). A 3TB hard drive was only a little more, and I experimented, and the player forces MBR so I could only use 2TB, but that’s still plenty.

With this hard drive, if I plug it into a USB dock, Windows tells me I have to format it, but the player reads it fine and Windows shows the network location fine. But if I have a lot of files (since using a USB hard drive dock isn’t working on my computer tells me I have to format), I can just use the player’s “Sync USB” option to transfer lots of files onto the player from a USB drive.

All the audio and video connectors, a 2TB internal drive, and my Netflix account makes this the ultimate media player. If WD ever releases a high capacity GPT version (and hopefully an easy way to upgrade the internal drive without voiding the warranty), I’d consider upgrading.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing.

Regarding the sync question, you should be able do that. see page 20 of the user manual for detailed information about it.