Has ANYONE figured out how to make a share 'available offline and capable of being indexed'?

This is the first key to creating a true cloud like Dropbox that you can see on your devices and that will sync between all of them instead of just having access to that share from each device. If you can fiure out how to do this than you can use ‘YourBox’ like a ‘DropBox’ and it can show up in your favorites and as a regular shared folder.

I have both WIndows 7 and 8 to figure this out on.

Dropbox works by keeping a local copy in sync w/ the remote copy so it sounds like what you want is a folder sync application.  If you google for “windows folder sync”, you can find a number of apps that can be configured to keep two folders identical.  There are basic ones (microsoft sync toy) and full featured ones (I use Allway Sync) and many of them can be run automatically or on various schedules.  I use allway sync to keep the photos, videos, and music in sync with my local PC and for simple backups of various directories.

I interrupted the question differently…   In Windows,  the library feature will only allow you to include a folder from a local drive - not a removeable or network drive … unless you can make it “available offline” or “capable of indexing” the share.  Having a duplicate sync file may not be desirable if the share is huge which is likely to be the case, especially on MyCloud.   My question is: Can MyCloud index the file share such that Windows 7 Library can include the share without creating a local folder with duplicate data in it?

There is no need to make avalaible offline access to a device made to be avalaible ALWAYS ONLINE! (The devices is under your control not in a facility servers of a company like DropBox or Box or Skydrive…name it)

This is nonsense  your NAS should be always accesible for your use, the concept of “offline access to NAS resources” is wrong.

NAS is that Network Atached Storage—24/7.

Far better than DropBox to save a copy of your files out of your computer but still accesible everywhere anytime.

If you want to have your shares access offline you need to have a local copy made by your system via right click on mapped drive then click on “Always avalaible offline”, this simply make a folder sync for offline use of the device you have attached to your router or your computer…something dumb…

A backup is another option with more sense using apps like free file sync (with or without batches) winscp for ftp sftp, ect…

I use a HDD with the same capacity as MyCloud HDD for that (security backup) but not for offline(!!!)…i do it for backup copy in case of disaster.

Indexing offline shared can have some use so google helps as usual…:

How do I get windows 7 to Index a network mapped drive?

This is one of the solutions in this long thread:

1.Open Windows Explorer and click Map Network Drive. Set the Drive letter and Folder then click Finish. I did this for my Music folder which is stored on my NAS, so I mapped M: to \\10.1.1.2\Music for example.
2.In Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Users\Username, right-click My Music folder and select Properties from the popup-menu.
3.Click the Location tab then click the Move... button.
4.In the Select a Destination dialog click Computer, select the new M: drive, then click the Select Folder button, or just type M: in the textbox.
5.Click OK. When asked if you want to move all of the files from the old location to the new location click No.
6.Open Windows Media Centre and navigate to Tasks | Settings. Click Media Libraries.
7.Select the Music radio button then click Next.
8.Select the Add folders to the library radio button then click Next.
9.Select the On this computer (includes mapped network drives) radio button then click Next.
10.Tick the checkbox next to the M: network folder containing your Music, e.g. mine was \\10.1.1.2\Music (M:), then click Next.
11.Select the Yes, use these locations radio button then click the Finish button.
12.Wait for Windows Media Centre to finish indexing your folder.
13.Close and re-open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Music library. You should see that it is now pointing to your network folder. If you try the search in the top-right you'll find that it is also indexed.

Enjoy…