Hard drive wont show up in disk manager/my computer

Ok, so I have had this external for about 3 years now, and I have never had any problems, its always been used on a windows system, but gone through xp vista and now I’m using windows 7. Yesterday I was at university, the drive had been plugged in for about 12 hours in a really hot room, but was running fine, my friend asked me for some files and plugged it into his Mac (dont know if this could cause any errors?). When I got home I tried to do some more work but the drive wouldn’t show up, It reads it as a mass storage device under device manager and it appears in the Disk Manager but when I try to initialize it I get an error saying : Virtual disk manager : Incorrect Function. Under the device properties in Printers and Devices it shows that the HDD has 0 space for all of the options. I was thinking about getting another case to test if that could be the problem but wondered if anybody else had any ideas? many thanks zef

Since there’s been no replies, maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en